Now, in an effort to get back to posting on a more regular basis, I'm going to try to do some of the challenges I found on another blog. The first one:
Challenge #1--If you were forced to go back in time to the olden days, but were allowed to take 10 modern conveniences with you, what would you take?
1. A computer. I wouldn't want to live without it. Since this is just a fantasy, it'll be a fancy new laptop instead of my aging PC.
2. A refrigerator.
3. I guess I'd have to take electricity to run the previous two.
4. A printer and a big supply of ink cartridges and paper. I don't know if I could go back to writing by hand.
5. A flush toilet. Outhouses always scared me. (When I was a kid, I heard a story about a guy who went around the country and hid inside the pit in outhouses at parks and rest stops so he could look up and watch women peeing. I also heard a story about some guy - or was it a woman? - who killed somebody and chopped up the body and dumped it in an outhouse. Some woman else came along and peed then looked down to see a severed head staring up at her. I think it was the mother who killed the father or vice a versa and the daughter who found the head. The point is, I'd rather pee all over myself than use an outhouse.)
6. I guess I'll have to take the plumbing to operate the flushable toilet.
7. Then I can have running water.
8. A hot water heater.
9. A lamp and plenty of light bulbs. Incandescent ones not that fluorescent crap. Although I don't really mind kerosene lantern and candles so maybe just a flashlight.
10. Matches. Lots of them. I always criticize the idiots who get on Survivor but don't bother to learn how to start a fire before they get to the island. But I don't know how to start one either.
Notice I didn't mention my cell phone. It was the first thing I thought of but nobody calls me anyway and who would I call since no one else would have one?