Some quickies, political and otherwise:
• Jon Stewart's Epic Takedown of Conservative Self-Victimization (CSV for short)
• CSV case in point: A homophobic, Islamaphobic, liberalaphobic preacher man is suing Rachel Maddow because she featured one of his rants on her show. Turns out he didn't really want everyone to know he said this:
"Muslims are calling for the executions of homosexuals in America. This just shows you they themselves are upholding the laws that are even in the Bible of the Judeo-Christian God, but they seem to be more moral than even the American Christians do, because these people are livid about enforcing their laws. They know homosexuality is an abomination ... If America won't enforce the laws, God will raise up a foreign enemy to do just that."
Apparently it's Rachel's fault that his reputation's been damaged by his own words.
• On Tuesday, GOP leaders revved up their House caucus by showing a clip from a Ben Affleck movie where he said, "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."
Today they quoted a speech from Knute Rockne: "Put on your helmut, buckle your strap, run onto the field and beat the shit out of 'em."
Pretty much sums up their goals, doesn't it? They don't care how many sick grandmas and hungry children they hurt as long as the millionaires are taken care of.
• My newest obsession. I love Adele's version too but this chick is gorgeous and has a great voice.
• Ten (more) reasons why Donald Trump is despicable.
• This guy should've married her.