The mayor of Los Alamitos, CA, sent out this postcard that shows a picture of the White House with watermelons planted in front. When people complained, he resigned but claimed he didn't know there's a racial stereotype of black people liking watermelons.
Being a racist was bad enough - did he really have to play the stupid card?
• Multi-tasker: A woman in Ohio was pulled over by the cops for talking on a cell phone, breastfeeding and driving at the same time. Her baby was hungry, y'all. The baby is four years old.
• The Paris Hilton Effect: That's what one researcher is calling the shocking new phenomenon (eyes rolling) of women having sex on the first date. He thinks women want to be like Paris Hilton. Right. What pisses me off is the article makes no mention that men are also having sex on the first date. Because if these women were having sex with other women, it would be the Lindsay Lohan Effect.
• Fark headline of the day: Man partied and had sex with lots of women at work. Which might be cool if he wasn't working at the morgue. (the story)
• A study of online porn showed that the states that are more religious and more conservative consume more porn. Eight out of the 10 top porn-viewing states went to McCain in November. The state that consumes the most porn? Utah.
The study's author said, "Some of the people who are most outraged turn out to be consumers of the very things they claimed to be outraged by."
• "So I killed somebody - that makes me a bad guy?" That's what the guy in New York said right after he was arrested for the beating another man to death with a baseball bat. He thought the man was gay.
• If you're the one dumping placentas in the Urbana, IL, sewer, the city workers who have to fish them out want you to stop.