I have no motivation to do anything this week. I can't even scare up energy for a good blog post. Here are some random snippets of comments I posted on TPM this week. They were all responses to other people's posts:
• Right now, doctors are being forced to do what insurance companies tell them to do. I'm on Medicare, and I have much better access to services and my doctor has more freedom in making medical decisions than anyone I know who's on private insurance. Uncle Sam doesn't micromanage the way the corporate weasels do. There's no profit motive in Medicare.
• I'll second Kucinich as king of the world. Gotta love a guy who actually tried to impeach The Dick.
• On Obama's Monday night press conference: I'm a political junkie but if it hadn't been for the entertainment value of watching Obama's head ping pong back and forth between teleprompters, I wouldn't have listened to his prepared remarks. I was zoned out after the first 10 minutes of Q&A.
• In response to an Obamaniac's critique of one of my posts: Obama has also made a career of sound bites and catch phrases. "Yes we can." "Change we can believe in." "Hope." Ring any bells, smart ass?
• Did anyone else find the [Washington] Post's reporter's question about A-Rod to be a little silly in light of all the more serious issues we're facing? War in Iraq, war in Afghanistan, American soldiers died yesterday, nukes in Pakistan, millions of people are losing homes and jobs, the banking system is still on the verge of collapse - who gives a f*** about some millionaire jock on steroids?