Wednesday, January 21, 2009
I'll never run out of pictures of Brad
I still don't have much to write about but I thought I'd put up a few links to things I've been reading the last few days:
• The revamped White House website looks sharp. The government might actually be catching up with pop culture.
• Can we handle the truth? Former U.S. Attorney David Iglesias (one of Rove's victims) was the inspiration for the Tom Cruise character in A Few Good Men. Now he's being recalled to the JAG corps and he'll be helping with the prosecution of the Gitmo prisoners.
• One of Obama's first acts may be to sign an executive order that will lift the gag rule for family planning clinics worldwide. Under Bush policy, any clinic that received U.S. federal assistance was not allowed to provide abortions or information about abortions.
• Control freaks in the airline industry (flight attendants and their supervisors) are abusing the Patriot Act. People are getting arrested and charged as terrorists for things like getting drunk and/or making out on flights. Naughty boys and girls for sure, but terrorists?
• I've explained my new rule. When I don't have much to say, I'll just put up a picture of Brad.