Did you know there's a town in Newfoundland called Dildo? Just an interesting little tidbit I picked up when I was surfing instead of working.
• The new season of American Idol starts tomorrow. For years, Ryan Seacrest has been teasing Simon about his man boobs. But there's a picture of Ryan on TMZ today that shows he's growing some man boobs of his own.
• Speaking of man boobs, Salon.com has an interesting op-ed piece called "The Dark Side of Mike Huckabee." A lot of it isn't surprising, like how he blocked a retarded teenager's attempt to get an abortion after she was raped by her stepfather (even a lot of fundies would make exceptions for cases like that). But I hadn't heard about all his alleged corruption.
• The headline on Fark sums up this story: If you're a 60-year-old man and your 27-year-old female coworker dresses you in her underwear and then ties you to a chair, you're about to be farked.
• A father in Arlington, TX, caught his 18 year old stepson in the act of anally raping his 8 year old daughter. He called the cops and the boy was arrested. When the mother bailed her son out against her husband's wishes, he took the kid to an abandoned building, beat him with a baseball bat, and raped him with a wrench. Cowboy justice? The stepfather has a prior criminal history of assault with bodily injury.
• A guy kicks in the door of your apartment in the middle of the night so you call 911. And? The 911 operator asks to speak to the guy. What I like about this story is that the intruder was wearing a costume covered by studded spikes, some as much as an inch long.
• Google this. If National Intelligence Director Mike McConnell gets his way, the government will have access to every email and web search you've ever done without a warrant.
• Even the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff says it's time to close Guantanamo. Not because it's illegal or inhumane. No, he's worried because the bad publicity is hurting America's image.
Hell, Andre Agassi figured that out 20 years ago - image is everything.
Turn ons: Simon Cowell. I can't help myself.
Turn offs: Ryan Seacrest - whether he's metro or homo, there's nothing sexual about him